KENYA YOUTH BUSINESS TRUST MOMBASA PROVIDES THOUSANDS OF YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS WITH TRAINING TO HELP THEM START AND GROW SUSTAINABLE BUSINESSES
The workshop gives an opportunity for the participants to become familiar with the behavioral competencies of successful entrepreneurs, strengthen and enhance those behaviors in themselves and, finally be able to apply the behaviors on return to their own businesses.
The workshop not only has an impact on the individual, but also creates trust and stimulates strong bondage among entrepreneurs, who as a result begin to organize themselves for mutual support, exchange of information and experience and the collective formulation of SME concerns as a sector.
The 3-day training equips youth and other upcoming entrepreneurs with the confidence and practical skills to start and run successful enterprises. It identifies and confronts negative attitudes, beliefs which act as obstacles to creating jobs by young people and re-orientates mindsets suited for a globalized business village. It also builds their skills to tap natural creativity and innovation in identifying business opportunities; offers practical literacy in financial discipline; explores the various sources and management of capital; and offers advice on the choice of business partners. Specifically, the objectives of the training are to enable participants;
• Appreciate that Entrepreneurship is an inevitable choice for every Ugandan, more so the unemployed;
• Recognize and adopt Principles and Traits associated with Entrepreneurs;
• Understand mechanics for Business Opportunity Identification and its Translation into Business;
• Know the different Sources of Business Capital and how to Stop its Erosion;
• Know how to Manage Business Partnerships; and
• Produce a simplified Business Plan